We start with a local departure for our journey to the Continent and our first “stopover” in Germany. From here we make our way to Prague where accommodation has been reserved at the excellent 4* Hotel Duo – for details see later.
During your stay we have included these great excursions:
- A guided tour of Prague. Don’t miss the breathtaking succession of wide bridges, gold tipped spires and baroque domes. The tour will also reveal the history of this amazing city and show you some of the main sights along the way. The old town square is the focal point of the city and houses some impressive buildings like the Town Hall. Stroll across the stunning Charles Bridge and explore Hradcany Castle, overlooking the city. The afternoon is at leisure for you to explore on your own. You may like to find the Jewish Quarter or walk down the quaint side streets and Mediaeval alleyways of the old town where the shops, spas and cafes offer great value
- A visit to Southern Bohemia and the resort of Cesky Krumlov. Built around a bend in the Vltava River it is dominated by a towering castle
- A half day visit to Charles IV’s magnificent country castle – Karlstejn Castle. This fortress was designed to keep relics of saints and imperial coronation jewels secure. The replica crown of St Wenclas is on show here.
- A visit to Northern Bohemia and Karlovy Vary. This elegant spa town resort features amazing architecture.
On day 7 we bid a fond farewell to the Czech Republic and make our way back to Germany. Overnight stopover in Germany. Arrive back in the UK on day 8.
Your holiday hotel – the 4* Hotel Duo. All rooms are ensuite and have TV. There is a bar and restaurant. To round things off there is a large sport, fitness and entertainment centre and bowling with 12 lanes. Some facilities chargeable. A Metro Station is just opposite the hotel entrance. It is approximately a 10 – 15 minute trip to Wenceslas Square in the city centre
- Due to travelling times involved arrival times at hotels on outward and return journeys may be during the late evening
- British Citizens must hold a full 10 year passport valid for 6 months after arrival back in the UK to travel on this tour.