We start with a local departure and travel to France via the cross Channel ferry or Eurotunnel. From here we continue to our overnight stopover hotel. Accommodation has been reserved on a bed and continental breakfast basis in rooms with private facilities.
Day 2 – after breakfast we continue to Austria for a 5 night stay at the 3* Hotel Brau in Rauris. This is excellently located at the start of the pedestrian area in the town centre. The hotel has a great atmosphere and typical Salzburg hospitality. All rooms are well appointed and the hotel features a restaurant, bar and lounge. The hotel have included:
- Buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meal
- Drinks included during the evening meal from approximately 18.30 until 21.00 hours, (beer on tap: house wine and soft drinks)
- 1 x coffee and cake in the afternoon
- 1 themed evening meal
During your stay we have included these great excursions:
- A tour around the Kitzbuhel Alps region. We firstly take you to Zell am See. You may like to take a stroll around the pretty alpine town. Afterwards we join the Pinzgau Railway for a trip to Mittersill. From here we take you via some breathtaking scenery to the town of Kitzbuhel. Take a stroll through the old town with its pretty painted buildings. A local guide will accompany us
- Berchtesgaden and the Eagle’s Nest. Berchtesgaden is surrounded by mountains including the 8,900 foot Watzmann! The town centre features decorated facades, churches and a royal palace – a former summer residence of Bavarian kings. Later on – opening times permitting – we visit the Eagle’s Nest dramatically perched on a mountain top – the famed location of Hitler’s alpine hide-away. We start with a drive up the Obersalzberg Mountain from where we catch a local post bus for the breath taking journey along the Kehlstein high road. We then ascend by elevator to the Eagle’s Nest summit from where you can see Berchtesgaden and the Salzbach Valley. Please Note: If it is not possible to travel to the top of the Eagle’s Nest we will replace the trip with a visit to the beautiful Konigsee Lake. No compensation will be payable.
- Salzburg – home of ‘The Sound of Music’. A half day guided tour of the major sights is included
Day 7 – we commence our journey home via our overnight stopover, arriving back on day 8.