We start with a local departure by coach for our journey to the Continent and our overnight stopover in France / Germany. From here we continue through the soaring peaks of the Swiss Alps arriving in the Lake Como area on day 2. In Lake Como we have reserved 5 nights accommodation at the 3* Hotel Britannia Excelsior in Cadenabbia. This enjoys a splendid setting facing the lake with superb views across to Bellagio. Features include a restaurant offering buffet meals, a large lounge area, bar, terrace and lifts. All rooms have private facilities etc. This large and lively hotel is managed and owned by the Whieldon family who are on hand to make sure your stay is enjoyable. As a special extra local drinks, (local beer, selected spirits, wine, soft drinks, tea and coffee) are available from 8am until 11.30pm whilst in the hotel.
For more information on Hotel Britannia Excelsior CLICK HERE
During your stay we have included these great value excursions:
- Bernina Region Railway. A single leg journey on this world famous train for a journey through the peaks and glaciers of the Bernina Alps
- A lake cruise passing by some of the most famous villas and gardens on the lake. We stop at the beautiful village of Bellagio. The guide will explain some of the history and there will be free time before we return back by boat to the hotel
- Milan – a chance to see one of Italy’s most fashionable and stylish cities. Don’t miss the Sforza Palace, the marvellous Gothic cathedral, the glittering la Scala Opera House and much, much more.
Day 7 – we commence our journey home, returning to our final overnight stopover before returning back on day 8.
Extra information for Summer:
There is usually a lido swimming pool area with a floating pool situated directly on the lake side with fabulous views across to Bellagio. There is a bar here that can be used as part of your ‘all inclusive’ drinks package – beers, wines and soft drinks are served – no spirits are served due to Health and Safety regulations until 5.30pm. Swimming hats must be worn at all times whilst in the pool. These can be purchased from the bar at the lido – approximately 3 Euros per person.
Beach towels can also be hired – 5 Euros per person. Take these back to your room and keep them for the duration of your stay. All payments are to be made directly to the hotel.
Additional ‘All Inclusive’ up-grades
- The hotel have a slection of additional ‘all inclusive’ up-grades available – again these are payable directly to the hotel
- Picks up clients from outside the hotel in the summer and travels along to Menaggio and various other little towns. Menaggio has a thriving town square – you may like to visit one evening and sample one of the many bars or maybe get an ice cream and a drink in an Italian atmosphere. Please check the time table on the board outside the hotel