We start with a local departure for our journey to the Welsh port where we board the ferry for the sea crossing to Ireland. We make our way to the Hamlet Court Hotel which is set in the quaint village of Johnstownbridge on the border between County Kildare and County Meath. All rooms are elegantly appointed with en suite bathroom, colour TV and tea / coffee making facilities. Features include a comfortable restaurant and bar.
The hotel will also provide these great ‘extras’:
- A welcome cupcake on arrival
- 2 nights entertainment, (generally Irish music on one night and Irish dancing on the other)
For more information on the Hamlet Court Hotel CLICK HERE
During your stay we have included these great excursions:
- A visit to Dublin – a city steeped in history. The city’s many sights include 2 majestic cathedrals, the oldest university in Ireland, the iconic Ha’penny Bridge and the fascinating castle. During the day you may wish to visit the Guinness Storehouse or Jameson Distillery
- A visit to Galway. This is the ancient capital of west Ireland and offers an array of museums, the famous Spanish Arch, vibrantly coloured alleys and a unique cathedral
- A tour around the Kildare countryside taking in 3 attractions – the National Stud and Japanese gardens, (admission extra). This is the beating heart of Ireland’s thoroughbred industry – a unique attraction of outstanding natural beauty that is home to some of the most magnificent horses and sumptuous gardens to be found anywhere in the world. See how some of the world’s finest horses are being bred for racing and explore the fascinating Japanese Garden: the Newbridge Cutlery and Silverware Centre – a fascinating outlet with an array of items to view and purchase. Newbridge is famous for its flagship showrooms, and a museum of style icons – a permanent exhibition of garments and memorabilia from the collection of the world’s greatest stars including Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Princess Diana, Michael Jackson and many more. (Admission not included). The Kildare Designer Outlet Shopping Village. Here there are more than 60 boutiques offering up to 60% off the prices of famous brands including Clark’s shoes: Nike: Ralph Lauren: Samsonite and many, many more
On day 5, after an early breakfast, we make our way back to the ferry port for the return crossing to the UK.