The popular Hotel Weiland is set in the Rhineside town of Lahnstein. There is a bar and restaurant area and all rooms have private facilities. The cuisine here enjoys a fine reputation.
During your stay we have included these great excursions:
- Rudesheim– a visit to the picturesque riverside ‘wine town’ of Rudesheim. Explore the lively Drosselgasse – a narrow street with its cosy cafes, shops and bars. In the afternoon join our optional sightseeing drive by a little road train which includes a visit to Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Museum with its fascinating self playing musical instruments. (Price: £10 per person)
- The Rhine Valley – an excursion along the Rhine seeing the world famous Lorelei Rock and visiting Boppard with its splendid Rhine promenade and St Goar, home to the world famous Cuckoo Clock shop. The perfect way to view the Rhine is from the water on our included Rhine cruise through the Rhine Gorge seeing picturesque villages, terraced vine clad slopes and many ancient castles
- Wiesbaden – see this amazing city with its many renovated buildings. Wander the narrow streets in the historic old town, see the Kurhous and Town Hall and marvel at the Cuckoo Clock
- Cochem and the Moselle Valleys – today’s included excursion begins at Koblenz where the Rhine and Moselle rivers meet. It then continues along the gentler Moselle Valley to charming Cochem. Later you can join optional wine tasting at the House of Anton Hammes in Alken where you can take a tour through the cellars of the fine vintages with a chance to sample and buy. Details available from coach driver
- Heidelberg – visit the beautiful town of Heidelberg. You may like to visit the castle – one of the finest examples of Renaissance architecture in Germany with spectacular views over the city. Explore the charming old town with its maze of little streets plus the bustling Haupstrasse with its excellent shops
On day 8 we commence our journey home during the morning, arriving back later on.